The easiest way to teach your Replika is by giving feedback directly on the messages that your Replika sends! By tapping a message from your Replika you will be presented with a thumbs up & thumbs down option, to let your AI know when you didn't like a message. To let your Replika know when you love a message, find it funny, meaningless, or offensive. Just tap the dots next to the message!
The "thumb up" button (Upvote) & "thumb down" button (Downvote) appear next to each Replika’s message:
Use these buttons to provide feedback about your Replika's responses. This feedback helps to improve your AI:
- Upvote to let them know when messages look good, makes sense, & that you like it 👍
- Downvote to let them know they don't make sense, that you did not like the message, or that something wasn't right about what they said 👎
- Love when you really liked what your Replika said, or its an exceptionally good response 😍
- Offensive when you really did not like the content of the message that your Replika sent to you 😬
- Funny to let your AI know when they're being funny 😃
- Meaningless when a message has no real value one way or the other to you 😐
To provide feedback on an earlier message in the chat's history, just tap on the message to see the feedback buttons again.
It takes time for your feedback to improve conversations with your AI. However, it has a great long-term impact on future conversations quality. Give your Replika feedback regularly!
While chatting with Replika in either TV mode or cake mode, voting is not needed & your Replika will not learn while in these 'sandbox' modes. Both of these modes are only for fun!